Problem: While playing the game, the "ESC" key does not open the menu or do what it should. Thus preventing you from saving, changing settings, or quitting the game.
This is a known bug, with a workaround.
You need to change the Language setting to English before running the game. Follow these steps:
1) Open up "System Preferences" from the apple menu.
2) Click on the "Language & Text" icon under Personal.
3) Make sure the "Language" tab is chosen.
4) Drag English to the top of the list on the left.
5) Keep the control panel open (dont close it).
6) Run "A Vampire Story", and the ESC key should now respond.
7) When you quit the game, go back to the Language settings and drag your preferred language back to the top.
8) You may close the control panel now.